Should Men Consume Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha also known as ginseng is an ancient medicinal herb that has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. This herb is known for its multiple benefits, a few of them being, the ability to cope with stress, improved brain functions, body strengthening and muscle growth, as well as overall health.
In recent years, much research has been conducted, showing its remarkable benefits for men’s health. In this article, we will explore the top Ashwagandha benefits for men and how this powerful herb can help improve men’s physical and mental health.
Properties of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha is a traditional medicinal herb that promotes physical and mental well-being. This herb contains a variety of bioactive compounds that have been found to offer numerous benefits for males.
Let's have a look at the properties of Ashwagandha:
- Withanolides: It contains bioactive compounds that have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
- Alkaloids: It also contains compounds that can improve brain function and reduce stress.
- Amino acids: It has amino acids, also known as building blocks of protein that are important for muscle growth and repair.
- Iron: It is also enriched with Iron content, a mineral that is essential for the production of red blood cells and the prevention of anemia.
- Calcium: It carries calcium, which is important for bone health and muscle functions.
What are the benefits of ashwagandha for men?
- Help the Body Cope With Stress and Anxiety - Ashwagandha has the properties of an adaptogen, which means it has a stress-relieving factor. It works by acting on reducing the amount of cortisol produced by the body, responsible for the stress-producing phenomenon. Ashwagandha also helps in improving sleep quality, which can help reduce stress levels.
- Enhances Muscle Growth and Strength - Ashwagandha, when consumed before the gym session could help increase strength in men. It works by increasing Testosterone levels while decreasing Cortisol levels. While Testosterone is anabolic in nature and helps build the muscles, cortisol, on the other hand, has a catabolic effect and promotes the breakdown of muscle mass.
- Improved Brain Function and Memory - Ashwagandha has been found to improve brain function and memory in men. Its bioactive compounds can promote the growth of new neural connections and improve cognitive functions. It is also seen that Ashwagandha can help increase reaction time, task performance, and memory recall in men.
- Helps To Reduce Inflammation - It is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation and pain in the body. It is also found to reduce inflammatory markers such as C-reactive protein in men.
- Supports the Immune System - Ashwagandha has bioactive compounds which increase the production of white blood cells to fight infections and diseases. Its regular intake (as prescribed by the doctor) can increase the levels of NK (natural killer) cells and increase the overall immunity of the body.
- Boost Testosterone Levels With Increased Fertility - Supplementation of Ashwagandha also boosts testosterone levels in men. Testosterone is responsible for sexual performance and libido in men and Ashwagandha acts on shifting the hormone production to anabolic hormones i.e., testosterone and DHEA.
How to use Ashwagandha?
The shelf life of Ashwagandha is mainly for up to 3 months, although it varies when they come in different forms. However, there are multiple ways of including Ashwagandha as a supplement in your diet, a few of them are listed below:
- Ashwagandha Powder - Ashwagandha powder benefits for men are widely known due to its various advantageous property. The powder form of ashwagandha can be easily consumed with water or as prescribed by a dietitian.
If you’re interested in trying the Ashwagandha powder recommended by our expert dietitian, click the link below:
Order today and take the first step towards better health and wellness.
- Ashwagandha Capsules & tablets - Ashwagandha also comes in capsule and tablet forms, which can be swallowed quickly and easily with a gulp of water. Most capsules have a concentration ranging from 200 mg to 2000 mg.
Our expert dietitian recommended this product and we’re confident you’ll love it! Click on the below link to order now and start feeling your best.
- Ashwagandha tea - There are various types of tea powder available in the market, which can be made by simmering a teaspoon of ashwagandha powder in a cup of hot water for 10-15 minutes. The tea can be sweetened with honey or other natural sweeteners to improve its taste.
Don't miss out on the natural health-boosting properties of Ashwagandha, order now and enjoy the expert-recommended product. Simply click below to place your order!
- Ashwagandha juice - Ashwagandha juice can be mixed in lukewarm water and consumed as advised for long-term health benefits.
This could be the most natural way to support your health and wellness. Our expert dietitian recommends Ashwagandha juice, and now you can try it for yourself.
What are the precautions to be taken?
Generally, there are no side effects seen when the advised dosage is followed, however, overdosage of Ashwagandha could lead to digestive problems such as diarrhea, vomiting, upset stomach, etc.
It is always recommended for groups like pregnant women to consult a doctor before starting with Ashwagandha intake.
Ashwagandha's benefits for men are scientifically proven in many studies, and owing to its medicinal properties, Ashwagandha has been used in ayurvedic treatments since ancient times.
Its healing properties make it suitable for all those who want to maximize their muscle strength, mental fitness, and reduced stress levels. We highly recommend Ashwagandha for its pure and potent preparation formula with the least to minimal side effects. However, before starting the intake of supplements it's important to consult a dietitian.